© 2011 - JC's Martial Arts. All rights reserved.
JC's Martial Arts Training - Columbia City Indiana
1. Always look ahead
2. Be honest with yourself
3. Do your best
4. Strive for improvement positively
1. Body movement is the first avenue of self protection.
2. Blocks are safeties and introductory techniques.
3. Keep yourself as well protected as possible.
4. Increase your options and negate your oponents options.
5. Eliminate all unnecessary movement.
6. Respond with necessary conviction and action.
7. Control your self and control the situation.
Sam=Three; Hamke=Working Together; Sa=Four; Do=Way; Three working together with four way.
Heaven in cooperation with earth. God working with creation. The harmony of heaven and earth. Utilizing all in heaven and earth to grow.
Sam Hamke Sa Do was chosen as a name to represent the higher ideas of a martial art and not represent a person. Numbers were chosen because of the symbolic relationship and representative ideals. Both three and four have their own symbolism and when taken together they form the number seven. Although seven is not part of Sam Hamke Sa Do it is represented by the adding of three and four. Seven is the number of spiritual perfection. We strive for perfection with the small steps of our lives and with intersection with others and with God which leads us to higher avenues. It also represents the hidden aspects of an art as a whole which are not understood until the individual parts are understood and compiled or added together to make the whole.
To view the fundamentals of good technique click here.